Whether you have a plumbing emergency, or simply want routine plumbing maintenance done, don’t be tempted to hire your friend who “does a little plumbing on the side” You may think that not using a certified plumbing technician will save you money, but nothing is further from the truth.
There are several reasons to think twice before assuming the “small plumbing issue” you have can be handled by an amateur. Certified plumbing technicians spend many hours perfecting their skills and are specialists in their field. Let’s look at what certified plumbing technicians have that amateurs in the field do not.
What Does A Certified Plumbing Technician Do?
The plumbing system is a major component of any building and requires expert installation and maintenance. A plumbing technician is specially trained and qualified to attend to all plumbing needs. Some of their roles include:
- Installation, repair, and maintenance of all plumbing pipes, valves, fittings, and drainage systems.
- Collaboration with other building contractors such as electricians and roofers.
- Reading and deciphering building plans and blueprints.
- Responding to, troubleshooting, diagnosing, and resolving all plumbing emergencies including gas leaks.
- Routine inspection and maintenance of any plumbing and drainage system.
- Preparing accurate cost estimates.
- Knowledge of use, and care of a variety of power tools.
- Thorough knowledge of the appropriate building codes.
- The ability to keep accurate records of material used, time spent, and description of the work done.
Reasons Why You Should Only Use Qualified and Certified Plumbing Technicians
The main reason that only qualified and certified plumbing technicians should access your plumbing system include:
- They have the necessary plumbing training, knowledge, and experience. They have worked many hours under supervision and passed all the necessary exams that qualify them as experts in their field.
- They are familiar with the necessary building codes and are up to date with the latest legislation.
- They are familiar with the newest plumbing products and latest technologies.
- Only qualified plumbers are licensed and insured to work on the plumbing system. Their workers are medically covered if injured while at work, and they are insured to cover any damages they may inadvertently cause to property. Plumbing manufacturers also usually only supply the manufacturer’s warranty on goods that are fitted by qualified technicians.
- Qualified plumbers will sign legally binding contracts, and have industry backup. Customers are unlikely to become victims of fraud when dealing with professionals in their field.
- Qualified technicians are very aware of safety protocols. They have all the necessary protective gear and safety tools for any plumbing-related task. They are trained and equipped to protect the client’s property from damage while working on their plumbing system.
- Professional plumbing technicians may charge a little more than the amateur but will save you a lot of money long term. Qualified plumbing technicians will:
- Give an accurate cost estimate, and not surprise you with added, unexpected costs.
- Always start work on time and complete the allocated task on time.
- They will do the job properly, the first time around.
- Professional plumbers always use quality, approved products. These products usually come with a manufacturer’s warranty.
- Qualified plumbing technicians treat their clients with professionalism. They are very aware that the survival of their business relies on word-of-mouth, so they will always:
- Communicate well and answer all the client’s questions.
- Ensure the customer has peace of mind about a job well done.
Art Plumbing, Air Conditioning & Electric Will See To Any Plumbing Need
Are you a resident of Broward, Palm Beach, or Miami-Dade Counties, and looking for a certified plumbing technician? Art Plumbing, Air Conditioning & Electric has been South Florida’s plumbing company of choice since 1983. Known for their prompt, courteous, and thorough service, Art Plumbing Air Conditioning & Electric can be reached at 561-391-1048 Monday to Saturday 8 am to 7 pm.